Our ESG Governance accountability
The DRDGOLD board is responsible for the sustainability of the business and ensuring that the Company conducts business in an ethical, responsible and properly governed manner.
The Board and Social and Ethics Committee is tasked with executing this responsibility, including:
- Monitoring delivery on the 10 principles set out in the United Nations Global Compact and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development recommendations regarding corruption; the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998; and the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 53 of 2003
- Maintaining records of sponsorship, donations and charitable giving
- Monitoring the environment, health and public safety, including the impact of the Group’s activities and of its products or services
- Monitoring labour and employment practices
- Reviewing and recommending the Group’s Code of Ethics
- Review and recommending any corporate citizenship policies
- Reviewing significant cases of employee conflicts of interests, misconduct or fraud, or any other unethical activity by employees of the Group
DRDGOLD’s approach to ESG, specifically relating to risk management, was featured in the press. Read the Mining Weekly article here.