Notice of General Meeting
06 May 2014
Circular to DRDGOLD shareholders (PDF - 921KB)
DRDGOLD shareholders (“Shareholders”) are referred to the announcement released on SENS on 18 March 2014, relating to the acquisition by the Company of the 26% interest in its operating subsidiary, Ergo Mining Operations (Proprietary) Limited (“EMO”), that it does not already own, from Khumo Gold SPV (Proprietary) Limited (“Khumo”) and the DRDSA Empowerment Trust (“DRDSA Trust”).
DRDGOLD has agreed to acquire:
In terms of section 59(1) of the Companies Act, for Shareholders to be recorded on the Shareholders’ register of the Company in order to:
- Khumo’s 20% interest in the issued share capital of EMO and all its claims against EMO in exchange for 35 000 000 new DRDGOLD ordinary shares (“Khumo Acquisition”); and
- the DRDSA Trust’s 6% interest in the issued share capital of EMO and all its claims against EMO in exchange for 10 500 000 new DRDGOLD ordinary shares.
Accordingly, notice is hereby given that a general meeting of Shareholders ("General Meeting") will be held at the registered offices of the Company at Quadrum Office Park, Building 1, 50 Constantia Boulevard, Constantia Kloof Ext 28, Roodepoort, 1709, South Africa on Friday, 27 June 2014, at 09:00, for the purposes of considering and, if deemed fit, passing the necessary ordinary resolutions in order to approve the Khumo Acquisition and matters ancillary thereto.
A circular, incorporating a notice of the General Meeting containing the proposed resolutions to give effect to the above, will be posted today, Tuesday, 6 May 2014. This circular will also be available for inspection at the Company’s registered office (see the address set out above) and on its website, www.drdgold.com until the date of the General Meeting.
The salient dates of the General Meeting are:
|Record date for shareholders in order to be eligible to receive the circular||Friday, 25 April|
|Last day to trade in ordinary shares in order to be eligible to participate in and vote at the General Meeting||Thursday, 12 June|
|Record date in order to be eligible to participate in and vote at the General Meeting||Friday, 20 June|
|Forms of proxy to be lodged with the Company's transfer secretary by no later than 09:00 on (see note 4 below)||Wednesday, 25 June|
|General Meeting to be held at 09:00 on||Friday, 27 June|
|Results of General Meeting released on SENS on||Friday, 27 June|
- These dates and times are subject to change. Any changes will be published on SENS.
- All times given above are South African times.
- Forms of proxy submitted in respect of the General Meeting will remain valid in respect of any adjournment or postponement thereof.
- Any form of proxy not delivered to the transfer secretary by this time may be handed to the chairperson of the General Meeting at any time before the appointed proxy exercises any of the shareholder's rights at the General Meeting.
6 May 2014
Investor and Media Relations enquiries:
South Africa & North America
James Duncan, Russell and Associates
+27 11 880 3924 (office)